Wednesday 23 January 2008

An old psychic

I don't believe in seeking psychic help, so I was surprised that one fine day (some 10 years ago), I found myself looking for free personal clairvoyance service on the internet.

The banner was flashing "If you have a serious, perhaps urgent problem to resolve, whether it is concerning money, bad luck, love or any other large or small grievance, to help you, I am offering to give you a free clairvoyance and to reveal your lucky numbers, all free of charge."

It was too tempting even for a skeptic like me to resist. What followed was a series of email communication between the clairvoyant and me. At some point, I was so absorbed in her psychic readings, I even sent some electronic payment for her to rid all evil that was shrouding me.

I can't claim it was a fraud (though her lucky numbers never worked) because she could see something that I could not. I was probably at the lowest point in my life and it didn't take a psychic to sense my vulnerability. When she said I was going through the 'darkest period' in my personal life and surrounded by evil forces, I was trying to figure out what she meant. It's funny when a woman is in a bad relationship, she's often the last to know. A classic case of self-denial.

How the marriage ended had nothing to do with her but this morning, I came across that same psychic while Googling. No, I wasn't seeking any psychic help nor am I in any trouble. I was researching on something else.

On days like this, when the brain threatens to shut down, Google is my best friend who keeps me awake at my work desk.

Of course by now I am wide awake after her penetrating eyes seared right through the computer screen, sending shivers down my spine.

10 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I've never been one to believe in psychics. I honestly think most (I stress the word most here) are frauds who prey on people vulnerability.

Sometimes when people are at their lowest, they tend to grasp for anything that will give them a little stability and assurance and that's where these fraudsters come into play.

I ask you a simple question, BT. Something which no one has given me a satisfactory answer yet. If these psychics can see the future and predict numbers, why don't they predict something for themselves and end up being millionaires? :D

Blur Ting said...

Ha ha, that's a sensible guy talking but when a person is feeling down and desperate for answers, he loses that logical thinking and become an easy prey.

SOUL said...

i know whatcha mean here-- i have been very down and desperate many times in my life-- and have thought.. thought-- i would go this direction for answers-- but i never did quite get further than the parking lot a few times. this kind of thing is just too "not right" for me.
i'm not saying that is a fault in others who choose this route, but for me... i just can't make it feel right for me.

anyhow--- interesting, that you stumbled on the same person again.

i hope your day is a good one.

Amel said...

Ahhhh...I understand what you mean about self-denial. One can live with it for a long time until WHAM...one day the realization hits and it hits HARD and it's searing pain all over he he he he...

Blur Ting said...

Hey Soul, it is tempting but I think in the end, the love and warmth of your loved ones is still the best solution. With their support, your mind becomes clear and the answers will come to you.

Funny after I mentioned this, CH went to do a search on this psychic and found her name listed in a website that warns against fraudsters!

Blur Ting said...

You're right Amel. There's always a turning point, just like in Feng Shui cycles.

Mike Minzes said...

Please don't tell me you believe in this????????

Anonymous said...

Well, I've been to "psychics" who described in detail situations in my childhood - physical descriptions, surroundings, clothes I was wearing, and the name of a doll I had. An unusual doll's name.

That said, never EVER lend credence to ANYONE who tells you you are surrounded by evil forces, and that they can rid you of them. YOU can rid YOURSELF of anything that you need to. That is simply a ploy to disempower you, and make you dependent on them.

Creepy feeling running across her on Google again, I'm sure. :P

Blur Ting said...

Hi Mike, not most of the time.

Blur Ting said...

Wow Holly, that's so incredible! I have never met psychic like that before though.

For now, I'm staying away from that creepy Fraudster!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...