Wednesday 26 November 2008

Quickie meal

I came home late and decided to make a quick dinner using the fastest way I know how. I quickly marinated some chicken wings with tomato sauce, soy sauce, sugar, salt and some herbs and chucked the tray into the oven while I prepare the ingredients for an Asian style paella.

Here are the marinated wings.

The cooked version below. I was trying to achieve the sweet and spicy wings sold at Pizza Hut and this is a pretty good version. I love it!

For the mixed rice dish, I stir-fried some shallots, vegetables and seafood in the pan before tossing everything into the rice cooker.


Into the rice cooker below.


We were tucking into a delicious and hot dinner 20 minutes later. Yummy!

11 comments:

Burcu said...

Hmmmm...it looks good , even it smells to my nose great:)
I hope everything is ok with you!

Have a nice week...

Love from Turkey

The Real Mother Hen said...

Chopping alone will take me 20 minutes, wow, you're fast!

Amel said...

WOW, that was QUICK!!! YUM YUM...

Anonymous said...

Better yet, I got the take-out delivery service!

Anonymous said...

What good cooking skills and good ideas...might swipe them if ya don't mind... Looks GREAT...as usual....

Blur Ting said...

Hi Burcu, thanks for visiting! Have a nice week too!

Blur Ting said...

MH - I used my hands to tear up the cabbage and beans. Faster :-)

Blur Ting said...

Amel - The kids still complain not fast enough!

Blur Ting said...

CH - I cooked extra for you cos I thought you might enjoy it. Nice food must share! Plus Rusty gets to go out visiting.

Blur Ting said...

JY - I'll be happy to share the recipe. Let me know how it turns out.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Now you've got me craving for spicy chicken wings :D

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...