Monday 17 November 2008

Mr Blue Hair

When the exams were over, YK went to the salon to colour parts of his hair blue for graduation night. His friend chose purple! The school doesn't allow them to colour their hair but now that they've graduated, they're colouring for the first time.

Mr Blue Hair had a blast at the party last night and came home with a DVD player that he won at the lucky draw. He was also given an award for his contribution as a peer leader in school. Being a sentimental guy, I'm sure he'll miss his friends as the camaraderie in an all-boys school like his is very strong.


He came home at 2am and went to my room excitedly to show me his haul. I was too sleepy, so I said I'll look at them carefully in the morning. Before I left for work, I looked at the badges, school magazine and DVD player and wrote a short note to congratulate him.

Well, how time flies. My kid has reached another milestone.

9 comments:

WaterLearner said...

Blue is simply cool!

I doubt if I would ever have the courage of colouring my hair blue :-)

You are one great mom. Always so proud of your boys. I can feel it even when you spoke of them that day when we met.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Congratulations to YK on his lucky draw win :D

I had some weird colored hair in my teenage days too ... LOL!

The World According To Me said...

Congrats to YK for his award and his lucky win! Or should I call him Mr Blue Hair? I like it!

Amel said...

Yeah, you must be proud! :-))) That colour looks FUN he he he...

Anonymous said...

Congrats...but your boys are good boys and what they are doing is pretty tame by comparison! And yeah a DVD player??? How lucky!

The Real Mother Hen said...

congrats to YK and to you :)

Anonymous said...

I saw it yesterday and you can hardly see the blue under indoor lighting.

Blur Ting said...

Don't tell him that or he will wanna run out and redo it again!

w said...

I have been wanting to colour my hair...blue :) or pink :)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...