Sunday 30 November 2008

Soupy therapy

Last night, there was a recipe brewing in my head. To be exact, it was Jamie Oliver's chickpea and leek soup. I read the recipe before bedtime. It's one of his favourite comfort food for cold wintry nights.

The first thing I did when I woke up was head to the kitchen. I had already soaked some dried chick peas the night before. All I did was sweat some garlic and leek in olive oil, toss in potatoes, chickpeas, chicken chunks and add water. I chucked in (Jamie's favourite word) some bits of ham from making pizza yesterday and just let the soup boil. It's boiling now as I write.

Fry.

Add water.

Boil.

I've come to realise that cooking makes me feel accomplished. Some people paint or do yoga while other pursue their masters. Me? I simply chop up stuff in the kitchen and turn them into food. Doesn't matter if the food tastes good or not but that's my therapy.

Now that I have done my therapy for the day, I shall be heading to the office soon feeling so pleased with myself.

3 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is so good......

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

The soup looks cool. And I know what you mean about cooking being like therapy. Yesterday I made my own chicken rice for the first time ever without wifey's help and it felt great :D

Michelle said...

That soup looks gorgeous!

I just came to sit down after making a big batch of veg and beef broth. I have to go out this afternoon, so I've put it in my slow cooker to cook while I'm out.

I can't meditate to save my life, but chopping veggies or stirring a pot - very "zen". :-)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...