Saturday 1 November 2008

Mummy's laksa


When people reminsce about their childhood, they almost always remember the food. Do you often hear them say things like "We would gather around for mum's delicious laksa or chicken curry on Sundays..."

Well, I hope my kids will remember my laksa or curry when they grow up. Maybe they'll even secretly tell their friends how the wife can never cook a mean pot of curry like mummy!

So I made laksa for breakfast this morning. Even though I cheated by using Prima prepacked mix, YK was still raving about how delicious the gravy is. Maybe the addition of fresh prawns, dried tofu skin, fish cake and beansprouts helped to enhance the taste. But let me tell you the real secret... When the water began boiling, I tossed in a handful of thinly sliced pork to make breakfast for Rusty, so the water became a nice stock base for my laksa.

While the kids were slurping down the delicious laksa, Rusty was chomping on pork slices. I swear that when Rusty sees Cookie, he'll be raving about the tender pork mummy made for him!

3 comments:

xoxo said...

for breakfast? wow thats yummy!

Amel said...

Your kids will DEFINITELY remember all the food you've been cooking for them, just like my bro and I who love my Mom's cookings he he he...

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Curry Laksa is one of my favourite dishes. There is this restaurant I used to visit that made a great bowl with the gravy so thick :D

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...