Saturday 29 November 2008

Fish and pie

When I came home from work yesterday, two enthusiastic boys (YK and friend) greeted me in the kitchen and tried to ply me with their latest creation. Their previous attempt to bake an apple pie in our tiny toaster didn't work. Now that we have a proper oven, they got ambitious and baked a blueberry pie complete with a latticed top.

The pie was filled with loads of juicy and bursty blueberry. I liked the fruity filling and buttery crust. I think the boys are quite talented. They found the recipe online and commented that making the pie was a piece of cake. I'm impressed. Honestly I have never baked a pie in my life.

His friend stayed over last night. They got bored rather quickly, so they baked a chocolate cake late in the night. YK even garnished it with a sprig of mint from the garden and a slice of orange.

We can't possibly eat so much cake, so I made his friend bring some home today. After he left, we drove to Pasir Ris to visit some aquariums. While the boys were looking at marine fishes, I brought Rusty for a walk in area around the fish farm.


Marking his territory as usual.

Leading the way.

SK and Rusty. That's a boarding house for dogs across the fence.

The boys looking at fishes in the shop. They've always had a love for fishes and had visited fish farms since young. Looking at them now reminds me of those days when they were excited little kids.

6 comments:

The World According To Me said...

The pie looks mighty tasty! How clever they are!

How funny, I was going to contact you today regarding Thursday and I've just seen your comment on my blog!
I could come to your hotel lobby for 6.30pm. How does that sound to you? I've found a lovely little restaurant nearby and I could book a table for 7pm? Do you like Lebanese food? I've looked at the menu and there are lots of different and interesting dishes to choose from.
Although I must warn you, London restaurants aren't cheap I'm afraid. This one looks good value for the food, it has raving reviews and the decor looks very cosy. Plus it's not very far from your hotel!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Impressive!
YK is really good around the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Wow..your boys have hidden talents as chefs...that berry pie looked YUMMY!

Anonymous said...

Hi, i am impressed with your boys.

Amel said...

Oh boy...YK is impressive indeed! :-)))) I was never that interested in cooking and baking before I moved to Finland he he he...

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Your boys can bake :D I'm impressed! And it looks absolutely delicious too :D

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...