Tuesday 11 November 2008

Running

While everyone's asking "Will Sarah Palin run in 2012?", I'm asking myself if I'll run ever again. I have come to realise that once you miss one training, you start missing many more. It has been 17 days since my last run and I have no desire to pound the pavement at this moment. Blame it on the rain. Or the chores. Or how the sky darkens earlier now than before.

Have I become a has-been like Sarah? There have been reports that she could become a chat show host – as Tina Fey, the comedian and Palin impersonator, pointed out. "I’m either runnin’ in four years’ time or I’m goin’ to be a white Oprah, so, you know, I’m good either way.”

But I'm no diva with no ambition to be a yellow Oprah. I should be running instead.

9 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Well, the good news is I've started running as of Saturday :D It was tough but once I was on the roads with the wind in my face, it was glorious :D

Anonymous said...

Lord... you could never be a Sarah Palin...that woman was as thick as a brick... as they say! I can imagine that when you don't run... you feel something amiss. I haven't been cycling to work...but it's really too cold!!!!

Michelle said...

You a yellow Oprah... that has me giggling here!

On the other hand,Palin on TV is scary in any shape or form. :-O

The World According To Me said...

I've started visiting the gym again and running on the tread mill! It's all too easy to get out of the habit and it seems such a chore to start again. So I know how you feel.

Hmm - Blur, the new Oprah?!

Amel said...

LOL LOL LOL!!! White and yellow Oprah...NICE terms! ;-D

Btw, it's true that once you miss out a few weeks' worth of exercise, it's hard to get back in gear...but once you start, it's MUCH easier to follow the routine. ;-D

Charli Henley said...

I can sympathize with your guilt over not running.

But don't join Palin's ranks just yet.

Is there something else you can do besides running that will make you feel just as accomplished?

The Real Mother Hen said...

Hhhmm...
you want to start running in short short skirts and high heels?

:)

WaterLearner said...

Don't be guilty over not running. So long as you are always engage in physical activities like walking Dusty, cleaning the house, running errands, I think it's perfectly fine that you are running lesser.

Running is to de-stress. Don't let decrease in running stress you, instead.

Anonymous said...

You betcha! *wink*

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...