Sunday 30 November 2008

Big cookout

I spent alot of time in the kitchen today. I prepared boxes of cooked food so that the kids can simply heat up and eat while I am away. I panfried some teriyaki chicken steaks and made a batch of yong tau foo (meat parcels). I even boiled some chicken and pork to supplement Rusty's dried food diet.

Rusty's pack on the left and 6 boxes of yong tau foo on the right.

In the afternoon, I baked 5 pizza bases, added the toppings and popped them into the freezer so the kids can have Hawaiian pizza when the hunger pangs strike.

YK kept telling me not to worry about their meals. Of course, they can cook their own meals now or run to the food stall nearby but I just can't help it.

By the way, he made another pie this evening. An apple pie. That's what we're going to eat for dessert at my parent's place tonight.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's quite the baker now!

Blur Ting said...

The apple pie was very tasty. Everyone loved it!

Amel said...

You're a GOOD Mom and your son bakes? WOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

Amel said...

Oh yeah, have a SAFE and FUN trip!!!!! And stay warm!!!

The World According To Me said...

Mmmm. Apple pie. That looked good.

Sounds like you have been busy and your boys will be eating like Kings!

The Real Mother Hen said...

You are such a good mom :)

Have a save trip Ting. They are sensible kids, they will be well.

xoxo said...

apple pie! yummyyy thats my fave

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...