Wednesday 5 November 2008

What now?

SK starts his one week reformative training today, disguised as character building sessions. I can't help but feel put off. Last night, I sat down and wrote two long pages to the course instructor whoever that person is. In the letter, I expressed my disappointment and my hope that SK will be vindicated and that he will not have to live with that stigma for the rest of his days in the school. Maybe I am over reacting but I want to see justice done. Afterall, I had always taught the kids about integrity and to grow up into honest individuals.

I wanted SK to give that letter to the course instructor but he felt uneasy. I gave him a short lecture about how he may end up with a black mark in his school records. It's fine by him and he thinks the letter is not going to help change anything.

Oh well, he's a teenager afterall and teens don't like to bring any attention to themselves. So how? The letter is still sitting pretty in my bag.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm... that's hard to say... i understand SK's feelings...but then having a mark on your records...is it worth it? but then of course kids don't think that far ahead.... i hope you will be able to talk him into bringing the letter to school.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Why don't you just send it over yourself. I know I would.

Amel said...

Hmmm...hard indeed...but if I were you, I'd probably do what Nick says...sending it over myself.

Blur Ting said...

You guys are right. Today they were asked to reflect and to write down the reason why they're there. SK said he was wrongly accused of cheating.

The World According To Me said...

At the risk of sounding like a parrot and repeating your fellow bloggers comments, I would send it myself too.
I think the teacher should listen to what you have to say, all valid points, and I think you'll feel a weight off your mind knowing that you have said your bit. And that way SK doesn't have to feel uncomfortable with handing the letter over to the teacher, wondering if the teacher thinks the letter was his idea etc.
Keep us updated.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Option 1: talk to the teacher directly
Option 2: ignore the teacher
Option 3: let me kill the teacher for you

I prefer Option 3 of course :)

Anonymous said...

Good on SK! let's hope this teacher has a bit more sense than the other one.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...