Wednesday 19 November 2008

Cosy

Remember the bulky banana chair I bought for my bedroom? For months, we thought it was too big to fit into my room, so it stayed in the living room looking miserably out of place.

This morning, we decided to try moving it through the narrow hallway again and funny thing was, we could roll it sideways like a ball into my bedroom. I swear we had tried the same way before and it got stuck along the hallway. It must have shrunk!

I'm glad it is finally in my room. Of course I had to re-adjust my furniture to fit this in but oh, I can finally sit and read comfortably instead of sprawling on my bed.

Remember the Belvedere Vodka bottle I bought from the flea market?

In case you're wondering, it's now a lamp which sits on my study table. Isn't it gorgeous? The Evian bottle on its right is a limited edition designed by Christian Lacroix. I was completely charmed by the pretty lace design when I first laid eyes on it. Now I am the proud owner of one bottle!

The square frosted glass on the left is from Ikea Lighting Centre. I used the bulb and lighting element on the Vodka lamp, so all that's left now is a vase with a hole at the bottom. I placed a pretty green Umeya Plum Liquor bottle inside to serve as a vase. The red rose is a gift from CH on our last date. :-)

17 comments:

Amel said...

AWWWW...GLAD to see you can now read comfortably in a sitting position in your room. ;-D

And CH is a romantic guy!!!!! ;-D

LOVE the lamp and the bottles! ;-D

WaterLearner said...

Did you get that chair from Barang Barang? I saw it on the catalogue and wanted it for my master bedroom also. Turned out it was so big.

The World According To Me said...

It's nice to have a nose in your house.
What a great view you have in your bedroom. And what a fab chair! Glad it fits in your room now, perhaps it shrank just for you?!

Do you know what, I have a thing about bottles. No, not wine bottles (ha, ha) but I'm always drawn to unusual shaped bottles. I used to have quite a collection in my flat. Now I have a few on my dressing table in my bedroom.
So I approve of your three unusual bottles!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Nice, everything is coming nicely together now.
Actually, I like moving things around and little improvement here and there from time to time. It keeps me sane :)

fishwithoutbicycle said...

The chair looks great in your room :-)

Anonymous said...

I see Rusty snooping around :-) I was very impressed with the vodka bottle lamp. Wanna make me one?

Blur Ting said...

Amel - Yes, finally I sat there and read a book yesterday and didn't fall asleep!

Yah, CH sometimes surprises me with a flower. He's sweet like that :-)

Blur Ting said...

Water - I saw the one at Barang which looks different. Mine is from a wholesaler who supplies to hotels and stores. He placed an ad one weekend and I drove down right away to Bt Batok Industrial Park. It only cost $350.

Blur Ting said...

World - You like bottles too!?? I love them and was inclined to start collecting all sorts. I was hoping I could find some unusual stuff in UK flea markets too but I won't be in London over the weekend,so maybe not.

Blur Ting said...

MH - Oh you have been moving things around too? It's time to visit you again :-)

Blur Ting said...

Fish - Indeed! Even now the living room looks more spacious and nicer with the chair.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

That is cosy indeed :D The vodka lamp bottle is a great idea ...

Blur Ting said...

CH - Yah, he follows me around the house... sure! You gotta start drinking Vodka though, I have no more bottles :-P

Blur Ting said...

Hey Nick - Maybe Wifey and you can make one during your short break!

Anonymous said...

You're very clever using the bottles and stuff for lamps... I am not so creative... I really like your lounger! Looks comfy!

Amel said...

Indeed he's SO sweet! R2 has never given me flowers!!! HE HE HE...He's sweet in different ways, though he he...

w said...

Love your bottle-lamp :) Very creative :)

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...