Tuesday 25 November 2008

Home made pizza

I think my little pizza experiment must be quite successful because everything was gobbled up before I could pack them away in the freezer.

Two cups of flour could only make 4 small pizzas afterall, so my next attempt will call for alot more flour. I used plain flour, dried yeast, pinch of salt, sugar, olive oil and oregano for the base.

The boys were very enthusiastic with the toppings, piling fresh button mushroom, pineapple chunks, shredded ham and mozzarella cheese generously on top.

We could only make one pizza at a time. So we used two trays.

I'm not really a big fan of pizza but according to the boys, these were good. Better than the ones from Pizza Hut! Flattering mum is the way to go if they want more pizzas in future!


7 comments:

Amel said...

YUM YUMMMM...I LOVE pizza and I'd love to taste yours! ;-D

Before moving to Finland, I never knew the joy you feel when somebody loves the food that you cook...your hard work is WORTH IT HE HE HE...

The Real Mother Hen said...

Mmm, they do look delicious! :)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

They look yummy. In fact they look better than the ones at Pizza Hut. Do I get some? LOL!

WaterLearner said...

Can give the the portions? Maybe I would try some in Dec when I get some friends over to my place.

Blur Ting said...

Thanks guys. They were ok. I quite like the Pizza Hut's ones actually!

Water - To make the base, use 2 cups plain flour, 1/2 cup lukewarm water, 7g dried yeast, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon fine sugar, 1/2 teaspoon oregano and 1/2 teaspoon olive oil.

Dissolve yeast, salt, sugar and oregano into 1/2 cup lukewarm water. Add in 1 cup flour and stir till smooth. Add in 2nd cup of flour until the mixture is doughy. Knead in olive oil. Leave the dough in a bowl, covered with a damp cloth. Put it near a warm place for the yeast to grow for about 10 to 30 minutes. The dough will increase to twice the size.

Pinch out a section and roll into a ball. Use your hands or rolling pin to spread it out into a flat shape. Use a worktop lightly dusted with flour to make handling easier.

Anonymous said...

Nothing is better than mom's touch! They look awesome and I'd be there in a hurry to have my share if I could!

The World According To Me said...

I love pineapple on pizza! They look yummy. I may have to eat pizza now!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...