Tuesday 4 November 2008

So pissed off

It's the school holidays and SK is made to return to school for one whole week for character building lessons. I'm so pissed!

In case you're wondering what this is about, his teacher suspected he cheated in his art exam. The truth is, he did not cheat at all. I saw him labouring over the piece of artwork every night for 3 weeks. You can read about it here.

The teacher didn't believe him right to the very end. She finally gave him a score of 40 out of 100 marks. Art had always been his strong subject and he could never fail it even with one eye shut. Obviously, the teacher wasn't convinced even after he redid the exam. I wasn't pleased at all but kept my mouth shut because I didn't want to blow it out of proportion.

But to think that he's now being treated like a 'criminal' and sent for reformative training during the school holidays is too much to take. I don't mind that the classes will help build his character but I feel angry that I can't clear his name.

YK, who knows SK's capability and had seen his artwork, kept chiding him, "Whether the teacher believe you or not, you SHOULD NOT have admitted to something you didn't do!"

It's too late to cry over spilt milk. Let's hope something good will come out of the character building lessons. I hope he'll finally learn to fight for his rights and not to succumb to pressure.

9 comments:

mooiness said...

I felt pissed off reading that too. Although I can empathise with SK's predicament. It's not easy for a kid to stand up to an authority figure who's adamant that they're right.

And I felt that had he stood his ground and argued back, the teacher would have gotten very vindictive about it, which will cause more problems later on.

Amel said...

Dear goodness...I missed the other post, so I didn't know. I'm SORRY to hear about this. It's really a bitter pill for SK to swallow, but all in all, it's a good lesson for him, even though it's not a "fair" lesson.

Sigh...I just wished that the teacher would believe him after his second try!!!

The World According To Me said...

No wonder you are pissed off, I am too after reading that! How awful to be accused of something he didn't do.
I agree with Amel, it's not fair that he has to take these lessons but perhaps in the long run he will benefit from them.

fishwithoutbicycle said...

I'm not surprised you're annoyed, I would be too. SK's teacher sounds very unpleasant.

w said...

Oh my...I don't know what I would have done in a situation like this...but I know for sure that I would have also felt very annoyed and frustrated. Some teachers they just abuse their power.

Perhaps you could propose to the teacher to have a second test to show her that you are right...after all it is just her perception that he did something wrong, she doesn't have anything to prove it! Oh my goodness...I would have totally lost my cool whilst talking to this teacher for sure...

Anonymous said...

That pisses me off... if it were our Coffee..you would be sure that I could not keep silent and probably cause chaos! You are good to do what you're doing..but what is with this teacher? Is she trying to prove something? However, as everyone else says, let's hope this is a good lesson for SK to not be intimidated and to wrongly admit to something he didn't do!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Gee, my blood was boiling just reading your post! I would have more than blown the issue out of proportion. That teacher really has some huge issues that needs to be settled!

WaterLearner said...

Not nice to read about something like this. But then, being misunderstood is something most people have to face sometime or other. Hope he learns from this lesson and get courage in future to stand up for himself.

Blur Ting said...

I've been too preoccupied lately to deal with this but I just hope that this doesn't go down on his school record.

At one point, when I confronted the teacher on why he's being punished, she said either way he's in the wrong- Either he cheated or he lied. She doesn't care that he lied because he was under pressure. Sigh.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...