Monday 10 November 2008

Kung Fu lady

Finally YK's exams is coming to an end. Two papers today and two more to go and he's a free man/boy! He's really looking forward to Grad Night party at a hotel next week. It's a shame that there will be no girls since he's in a boys school but I'm sure he'll have a good time.

SK's enjoying his character building class. He spends all day in the computer lab honing his powerpoint presentation skills. "What are you guys working on?", I asked.

"Consequences of cheating", he replied. DUH! He gets to play with his (newly acquired) PSP and chat with friends during his free time. Not a bad stint afterall. Better than rotting at home if you ask me.

Work is droning along. I got fed-up of being a pushover by a client in Houston who had been avoiding payment. Recently I heard they've been doing very well and decided to be more assertive. I wrote to Mr Bossman asking why he had been ignoring my emails and not paying us. If they insist on going on like that, I will send my people to their office for a discussion but if they take heed and pay up, that visit would be very unnecessary.

Maybe he thinks I'm a kung-fu lady in the Far East with cousins and uncles who can deliver karate chops and kungfu kicks, I received a reply that very day with a commitment to pay up by this week.

We'll see if he keeps to his word or else I'll really have to start recruiting someone. Anyone of you out there is a black-belt?

11 comments:

WaterLearner said...

I have no black belt. But I do know some kick-boxing .. will that help?

In life and mostly in work, people tend to "eat" whoever that they can. This is very very real. Hence, I always live by the rule to be straight forward and stated my rights rather than play the nice girl.

You are one tough lady. You will get that payment back.

Blur Ting said...

Water -Kick boxers can also apply :-)

In our business, we mostly collect payment upfront before releasing the goods. But in this case, it was a different arrangement whereby we made them our exclusive agent and allowed them to sell on consignment. It worked very well for years until they grew too big and started getting offers from other Asian resellers.

I have another big debt to collect from another one in New Jersey but this is a tough one.

Linda S. Socha said...

Alas, no black belt....I did do Aikido once in another lifetime...
Good for you on asserting yourself! I like your blog and OI appreciate the profile photo. Thanks for sharing
Linda

Anonymous said...

I have a black belt in Cluedo...

Blur Ting said...

Hi Linda, thanks! Aikido's good too... And I found out you write beautiful poems!

Blur Ting said...

CH - You did taekwando, so you're the best candidate so far.

Anonymous said...

oh i did taekwondo too...but no black belt... do have a trophy though....

Blur Ting said...

JY - You've got the job!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Urmm I took up Tae Kwon Do a long time ago but lost my belt, would a chain saw help? LOL!

Blur Ting said...

OK Nick, you're hired too. Bring your chainsaw.

Amel said...

Ummm...no black belt. Can only do kicking movements learned from Billy Blanks, the Taebo master he he...

Anyway, hope your client lives up to his promise!!!!!!!!!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...