Tuesday 11 November 2008

Money talks

What I'm lamenting about here is, we're spending faster than the bullet train! SK needs 3 new sets of school uniform and books for next year, YK needs some new clothes and a new set of school books. I've promised him a marine aquarium after the exams. I need a microwave oven and another one for baking. My car needs a new set of tyres. Someone's birthday is around the corner, Christmas is coming up, followed by Chinese New Year. I'm not even thinking about pedicures and manicures or hair treatment. We're not even going on a holiday this year. I hate this time of the year. Just thinking about this is enough to make me grouchy. Maybe the kids should start earning money to supplement my income! Geez, am I a slave driver or what?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's why i send all my season's greetings via the net... no more presents... etc... it really is the money spending time of year...

Amel said...

Oh dear...sorry to hear about all this. It's not just the money, but also taking time to buy all those things...what a headache, eh?

One step at a time then...hope you find things within budget!!!

The World According To Me said...

Ouch. It all sounds very expensive.

As Amel says, one step at a time. Prioritise and bargain hunt, I say!

The Real Mother Hen said...

You're too good.

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...