Saturday 22 November 2008

Mee for lunch


I cooked Hokkien fried mee again for lunch. The first time I tried it was last weekend, after reading about it on CH's niece's blog. She's working in Las Vegas now and missed this dish so much, she tried cooking it recently. Though it is widely sold in Malaysia, I hardly ever see it at the stalls in Singapore. In actual fact, I can't remember having eaten it before.

Anyhow, using my cooking instincts, I fried up some shallots and yellow noodles, added in fish balls, lean meat, cuttlefish, sliced garoupa fish and lots of chive and kangkong vegetable. I seasoned with dark soya sauce and pepper and dished out a plate for everyone. The boys loved it! Me too.

12 comments:

huier said...

Your cookings often look so tempting...a feast for my eyes...yum!

Anonymous said...

Yum... you do indeed have GOOD cooking instincts!

Anonymous said...

Mmm, that looks just like what they sell in Kuala Lumpur. Excellent first effort!

Blur Ting said...

Thanks Huier. Hope it tastes as good as it looks!

Blur Ting said...

JY - It's probably quite standard in chinese cooking. Heat oil, add garlic or shallots, toss in one thing after another and voila, it's done!

Blur Ting said...

CH - Oh really? Now you've got to taste it to see if it is like the real thing!

Amel said...

I LOVE this type of mee!!! ;-D Unfortunately the mee here isn't the same type as in Indo...but anyway, today I cooked fried rice HO HO HO HO HO HO...

Blur Ting said...

Amel - You do? Actually it is nice cooked this way. You really must miss it alot!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had cooking instincts... The dish looks and sounds lovely.

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

That turned out pretty good :D I'm sure it tasted even better.

Blur Ting said...

Epiphany - I suppose the instinct improves with practice. I have to cook everyday, so I get alot of practice!

Blur Ting said...

Nick - And it doesn't have prawns! You may even like it then!

Chowmahalla Palace

During our week in Hyderabad, some of the places we visited include the Mecca Mosque, the Charminar (the icon of Hyderabad), Sufi Shrine, Bi...